- Extra virgin olive oil
- Potatoes 500 g
- Chopped cherry tomatoes 300 g
- Dried mushrooms 300 g
- Fresh bread crumbs 200 g
- Grated pecorino cheese 100 g
- Finely chopped garlic 1-2 cloves
- Chopped parsley 2 sp
The region of Basilicata still thrives on its culinary traditions, keeping numerous local specialties alive and unchanged over the years. Local cuisine is tied to ‘poor’ but genuine flavours closely linked to the harmony of the country ways that are at the heart of Lucanian life. The classic lamb stew recipe used throughout the area is this one with mushrooms, highly valued and very well known since ancient times.
- In a dish mix together the tomatoes, garlic, breadcrumbs, and cheese to make a condiment to use once the lamb is cooked.
- Take an ovenproof dish, brush with olive oil and add the lamb cut into large chunks, the potatoes peeled and cut into thin wedges, and the mushrooms. Season.
- Drizzle with oil and cook in a hot oven at 180° for about an hour.
- After an hour remove from the oven and add the condiment mixture to the dish and mix well.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes at 200°.
- Serve this stew with plenty of potatoes.