- 500g Mascarpone cheese
- 500g Ladyfingers or dry biscuits
- 1 Cup Coffee
- 6 Whole eggs
- 200g Sugar
- 100g Chocoa powder
- 100g Dark Chocolate
Piedmont’s regional cuisine is considered as one of the most abundant and traditional that our country has to offer. The classical “Tiramisu” recipe is considered a festive traditional dish.
- For the tiramisu cream, take the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and add 250 grams of sugar. Beat well until the mixture becomes clear and smooth, without lumps.
- In another bowl, place the mascarpone. Add eggs and sugar and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Separately, beat the egg whites until stiff and add another 250 grams of sugar. Once this is done, add them to the mascarpone, egg yolks and sugar mixture.
- Take a rectangular baking dish and place a layer of cream.
- Soak the ladyfingers one by one into the sweetened coffee and line them next to each other on top of the cream.
- Continue like this while alternating between the cream and ladyfingers until you reach 4-5 layers.
- Cover the entire dish with cream. Sprinkle the top with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate the tiramisu and let it cool for about three hours.
- Dark chocolate shavings may be added to the cream giving a more original consistency to the cake.